Sunday, March 21, 2010

Parakeets Masala Omelette Friday Off Mysore India




I'm in Mysore exploring on foot today. Off to Ooty India tomorrow. I hope to get a rural train ride when there. At 1 Shiva will take
me for a rickshaw ride in the rural countryside. I bought some water. It's hot today.

That's an outdoor birdhouse in the alley behind the hotel. There are about 25-50 parakeets and cockatiels in there I'd guess. They are all singing away like they don't have a care in the world.

Indian people seem to be happy but they struggle. There isn't a lot of work and what work there is doesn't pay so well ( I have been told). Alan the waiter has Friday off. He shops for "veg and non veg" food and he and his wife prepare it and eat. The TV is off because this is exam week.
In two weeks they go to his house for the summer which is 160km away. He has a graduate degree. 1996. Today I had french toast and Special Indian Masala Omelette.
- Paul

2 comments:

  1. I want to be able to smell those places! It is so colorful. Your breakfast looks good. Are you drinking coffee? tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria
    I'm drinking coffee in the morning. Two of those pots. I read almost an entire short story from the book. I carry around a large bottle of water or lemon/lime juice in the afternoon. The smells here are cool. At one moment spice, then the incense like in our yoga class, flowers. The women like floral perfume and the young men wear colognes based in spices or musk, but not the same as in the USA (where men also like spice/musk).

    ReplyDelete