Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scooter in the Sticks Mysore India Chapter Meeting

Today's posting is about the Mysore India Chapter of the Scooter in the Sticks scooter club.
We met at the bird sanctuary and did Mazza shooters. Ramussa, my rickshaw driver for the day let me drive his rickshaw. He took the photo for you.
It's a Bajaj 360cc 2 stroke rickshaw or 'auto' they call it here.
To start it you pull up on he lever on the floor to the right of the seat. It's shifts just like
my 64 Vespa you twist the left grip and the clutch is the left lever. It was really fun.
A little twitchy in the steering. It is very responsive to inputs to the handlebars so you have to be smooth.
Ramussa took this of me at the bird sanctuary.
This is Mr. Pirzada on his 100cc Honda. He said he bored it out to 108cc and it really
screams now. He's the chapter president. He said, "Go Nittany Lions!"
Here I'm doing a burn out in the guard house. The guard is really enjoying it because
(he later told me) that was his boss's scooter he loaned me.


That's the Hyderabad scooter club members coming around the corner in front of that white and yellow truck there. We made a video in honor of the State College Scooter in the Sticks Main branch.
That's is Smita's parents' apartment there in the background (really).

2 comments:

  1. Holy Smokin' parakeets, Batman!

    So the rickshaw is a scooter with an open air Amish buggy effect on top?

    I loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria: There were no parakeets in the guard shed just an ashtray and a soap opera magazine from 2002. Yes, the rickshaw is made by the scooter company vespa or bajaj so it shares many components with it's two wheeled cousin. But now I can't get the image of a smoking parakeet out of my mind thanks a pant load!
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete