Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tour Bus Hyderabad India Friendly Indians



Most of the Indian people I met were very friendly and considerate. But I experienced something more. I mean they were to the core - kind. Here is an example... On a bus I was on my ticket was in error and the driver wanted more fare from me (it was a lot). 4-5 Indians debated with him about it. They didn't think it was fair to me. They went to bat for me. At one point the drive was going to have me leave the bus. I think the bus sat for 15 solid minutes while the passengers spoke to the driver. It was pretty touching.
One of the passengers got up and left the bus so I could stay (the bus was overbooked). I tried to give him some taxi money+ but he wouldn't accept it. This was 10pm at night in the middle of nowwhere. I'm still thinking about that man standing there in the dark under that bridge for me.

Tour bus photos. City tour Hyderabad. It was the mega tour. 8am to 6pm. After seeing several palaces and museums I sat out one and stayed behind in the bus. The driver, his helper and another passenger stayed behind. They came up and sat with me and asked what I thought of India. I showed them the photos on my telephone and they practiced their english and asked all on family. The family in the top photo sat beside me all day. They baby slept a lot even in the 95F heat. No air conditioning. They liked the above photo. Most of the people I met spoke some english. The younger they were the better their english...with the exception of the professionals...Smita's father Bhishma, Sister Swata and brother in law Raum all speak super english...they are all college educated too I'll add.

2 comments:

  1. You're really in it, Paul. Swimming in the life of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying. Thanks for your supportive words. I just spent 15 minutes at the motorcycle repair shop in the alleyway behind the cafe. I showed them the scooter photos on my telephone and we talked about scooters and motorcycles. They asekd about Steve's MP3 Vespa but I told them it was just a loaner. I think that was the one the customer dropped 5 minutes after they bought it. So it was all scratched up.

    ReplyDelete