Friday, March 26, 2010

Smita In India - Tire Boy - Fantasy Shoes - IceTruck - iPhone Photos

 
Smita toasting my arrival in India. My first day in Hyderabad India.
Those are sweet lassi's.  Yogurt juice and sugar basically. We are at 
the Hotel Katriya...which went out of business the following week. No kidding. All the photos in this posting are from my iPhone.   My iPhone just worked for the first time.
 ;k
This is what Smita looks like in her native land India. Pretty
much the same as in State College Pennsylvania ...less the rickshaws.
 d
Fellow chopping at large ice blocks in his Piaggio Ape.
The street vendors require some cooling in their displays. Also 
I guess you can put the ice in your 'cool box' see below.

 ;l
Johan was right.  I bought new sandals at Fantasy Shoes i
and the very next day they fell apart.  When I tried to return them they said, "Leave them and pick them up tomorrow.  We will send them out for repair." Ugh. I guess it is their return policy...you can't.

Cool Box:  That's a cool box there with the large black circle.  Inside Fantasy Shoes.  Water is pumped over wicker filters and a fan blows air through the wet wicker.  It works!   The air is cool.  Bhashma said it only works in dry air.  There has to be some evaporation to get the cooling effect. 

2 comments:

  1. Are the sweet lassies anything like the ones at the India Pavilion in SC? What did you have at the Kamat Restaurant? Did you get your shoes fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill
    I have some new food photos for you.
    Yes you will be happy to know the Indian pavillion
    is pretty much authentic. the lassis are dead on
    the same as here. but the hotness spicyness is a
    full click maybe two clicks hotter here. typing this at
    a restaurant and my lips are burning...really. I will discard the
    sandals. another part came off. they last the entire trip I have only worn them.

    ReplyDelete